Wednesday, May 14, 2008

IM client with different statuses based on group?

This might not be possible with the protocols in question, but is there an IM client that would allow me to have different statuses for different groups?

For example:

1) friends: available and willing to talk
2) brother-in-law: busy
3) client #1: not logged in
4) client #2: busy

I made the mistake of giving a client my personal IM information and now I can't use IM because every time I log in, they start chatting with me...There's some stuff in gmail chat where I can block certain people, but I'd like to be able to toggle it. Preferably for AIM.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Lately I've been using Adium. It doesn't look like you can set status based on group or user, but you can set status differently by service.

Roger said...

I was wondering why I can never chat with you anymore.